Discover more from Scott’s Daily Blog
Here’s my daily newsletter navigating the crossroads of business, growth, and life.
If you enjoyed this piece….
Everyone wants an A-Player for their business, but no one knows what it actually takes to attract and retain them.
I'm realizing we need to redefine what an "A-Player" truly means.
It's not just about having a star-studded resume.
• Seamlessly marries competence with a deep resonance with your company's values and culture
• Doesn't just check the box on skills, they check the box on being values-aligned and a cultural add
Recruitment should be:
• A craft, not just a process
• A vetting process that:
Scrutinizes more than just technical prowess.
Evaluates cultural fit and adaptability.
Sometimes, A-players are not actively seeking opportunities.
That's why a proactive, dynamic recruitment strategy is key.
• Retaining these powerhouses goes beyond just a great hire
• Requires creating an environment rich with:
A culture where collaboration and innovation are the norms
Personalizing your value proposition to what they envision in their careers.
The future of work relies on redefining what an A-Player is and modernizing how we attract and retain them.